Wake Da Hayle Up!!!

Damn.
I woke up at 10:00a.m... School started an hour ago. Got the boys to school almost 2 hrs late. Make it so bad, my alarm clock has 2 separate alarms that go off minutes apart. They go for an hour straight. I sleep hard as hell, so I put it on the pillow beside my head when I lay down. This morning I didn't hear a thing, and neither did the boys. So today I'm buying this one from Sharper Image. "Sonic Boom! Loud + Vibrating Alarm Clock". If this doesn't wake me up, Iono what will. If it does, the $40+ tax will be worth it... Gotta get my babies on the bus. I hate for them to be late to school, and gas is too damn expensive for needless cruisin around anyway.
The victims of Hurricane Katrina are on my mind today. The company I work for has several markets in the affected areas, so of course the telecommunications services are down in those markets. What does that mean for me? Opportunities in the coming weeks for almost unlimited overtime as they restore the cable networks. People are gonna be wanting their internet up and running as soon as possible. There will be difficult days of difficult calls ahead as people return to their homes and try to re-establish some semblance of normalcy in their lives. It's sad that one person's loss is another's gain... my checks will be fat. War creates new markets and opportunites for new hustles, too. When the calls start coming in, I'mma be patient. I've had my seasons of struggle, but to lose everything... I can't imagine. I'm thankful for every little blessing. When a call becomes difficult... I'll say a lil prayer and remember... There but for the Grace of God go I...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home