Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Some old stuff...

“CHOICES”

Where were you tonite
I got up and read my work just to prove
To myself that I could
Wuz supposed to be us there
Not me on my own but you’ve been out for a
Minute and I just don’t know what’s going on

Where’ve ya been BlackMan
These last 5 days
Ignoring my calls and pleas for a
Simple Response

What the fuck is wrong with me
Dignity temporarily abandoned
Heart refusing to receive
What these eyes clearly see

You’re not here with me
We’re not on one accord
No matter what your lips say
It’s always in those actions, isn’t it?

Guess I don’t know who I thought I knew
Maybe too much water under the bridge
Different obligations different priorities
Different wants & needs
Maybe we’re just… … … Different

A mistake’s been made ‘cos
I threw away a Good BlackMan for this
Taste of your attention but
I didn’t anticipate that you’d eat my cake and
Leave me unattended

Now, of course, Nigga, you always had game
But I never thought you’d spin it on me

I’ve forsaken my God
Forsaken my Principles
Forsaken my own sense of Self
And the Sista-Friends are tryna pray me through

Gonna be sick with my third eye blind if I
Heed not the alarm ‘cos all isn’t kosher in the Kingdom… … … Think I need to run for my life

Damn damn damnnnnnnn
Why’d the what if’s have to get at me
When I had my plans all laid out & that man would
Give his arm plus another year on lock
For the chance to give me his name
But I’ve wounded him more than I can bear &
I don’t even deserve him anymore

I’ve been that foolish woman who
Tore down her house with her own hands
Went from Queen to Prodigal Daughter
With spirit all fragmented
Need to gather the pieces and
Reclaim my throne

The Spirit of God is dealing with me tonite
Telling me not to lay down my anointing and
Bringing remembrance of many dreams past
Time to stop compromising
Time to stop turning the other cheek
And walk in all that I’m called to be

God made me
Powerful Intuitive
Feminine & Unique
You’ll never find another like me
‘Cos His Word says that
I am fearfully and wonderfully made and my
Price is far above rubies…

The time for decision is now:
I choose…


© ~Sho~ July 2003

*******************************


Choices II: A Little Girl Lost

One day a young brotha asked me
Why he couldn’t get a grasp on his girl
He dug her style but she kept him off balance
Coz she was scared to open up and let him in her world.

As he shared my mind went running back
To the wide-open young girl I
Usta be
Took a minute to formulate my veiled response, ‘cos
I wasn’t ready to make it clear
That she was ME…

“Uh, yeah, I think I know her…
She used to be around my way
A confused young girl thinkin’
She had it all under cuntrol
Steadily dissed by The Game
She trieda play

Got a lotta “upside the head”
And many scrapes on tha knees
Hoping some nucca or anutha’d
Proclaim her as his woman
Thinkin a man could maybe somehow Fulfill her deepest needs

She didn’t know how tO set no boundaries
Or walk like the Virtuous Woman
Only hoping for a little security
But blind eyes had her missin’
Every omen

Searching for self-definition
In the faces and beds of lovers
Flippin’ scripts and personas on the daily…
But lack of knowledge kept her
Livin’ without the Cover

I think I’ll choose to keep her nameless
Coz a lotta years have passed
Whole lotta water under the bridge since then coz
She learned to pray and she even learned to fast

She’ll never forget the nite He stood up for her
And exposed to her just who He was
The nite she’d crumpled to her lowest when
One of them niggas tried to spill out her blood

Met the Lover of her Soul
To Whom no other can compare
Taught her not to cast her pearls before swine
Now many recognize but can’t approach thru the glare

And when she thinks back on those old times
The tears always come to her eyes
He knew her end from her beginning
This peace in her soul came at a price

He paid her cost and placed His words in her mouth
If you meet her again there’ll be no doubt
His plan for her life is coming to pass
Call her “Virtuous” 'cos she's no longer
The “Little Girl Lost”


© ~Sho~ 8/16/03

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home