Thursday, July 28, 2005

Progress...

Goals for 2005
*written Nov.2004*

Well, Hot Damn!!! Just read over my list of "Goals for 2005" that I set back in November, and I've done better than I'd realized. Funny how things flow... I shoulda taken inventory a lil sooner... *lol*


  • Get a job-- not just any, but one that I'll love and be proud of. I wanna do something that services others and impacts lives in a powerful, postive way. I wanna finally be appreciated by my employer, with growth in responsibility and promotion to prove it. Actually just started my 2nd job this year. The first one was in banking, and I swear... I musta been assigned to the most ghetto, scandalous office in existence. Hadda get outta there, QUICK!!! *lol* Just started my new gig... Hi-Speed Internet Tech Support for Cox Communications. Lovin it!!! Mad I didn't jump on at this company 2 yrs ago when I first heard about 'em. Oh well... We live and learn, ri??? Anyhoo... this tech stuff is dope... satiates my inner nerd...*lol*... Imma hit the OT right out the gate and keep my stats tight... I wanna move up quickly.
  • Heal-- mind, body and spirit God is good... spending time alone has done wonders for me all around. I've changed to much healthier eating habits and started walking and cycling pretty regularly. I've dropped 2 sizes since April 4th, and packed up a lotta old clothes to give away. I will notttttttt accept that weight again... too damn young to be lettin myself go. Still a good ways to go with the weight loss, but I'll get there. Patience, Grasshopper!!! Most importantly... I feel like my old self again, yet new and improved...
  • Stay focused-- on my goals, my employment, and on my family. Check!!! Got side-tracked a lil here for awhile, but ummhh... what'chu expect from someone with Adult ADD?? Took care of the job thing and worked on my book of poetry as often as the muse reared her head. As for fam... My grandmother passed May 31st. It came as a bit of a shock coz I returned from vacation to the news. At least I had seen her shortly before... Moms broke it to me so smooth that it took a minute for what she'd really said to register. R.I.P Lucille Murray... You are missed. // The boys have been with their fathers for most of the summer. After 10 years having to do it on my own... an extended break is a beautiful thing. Think I'm having a 2nd childhood, *lol.* Kinna ready for em to come on back home tho... startin to miss my babies.
  • Build-- A foundation for this business that I'm gonna start. With fam & friends like never before. Sometimes you gotta know ya blessed. I thank God for some of the friends I have. I hope we end up in all in the same damn nursin home together, givin the orderlies hell, *lol.* These peeps have had my back and proven themselves to be amazing friends, time after time: Samirah, Shawntel, Dahot, Rayvon, Kahma, and Larry. I Love Yall with my whole heart... Savin for our bail $$$ in advance...
  • Save-- some money and take my place in God's plans for my work in His kingdom. Finances been up and down this year with the employment situation... God willin, before 2006, I'll be able to start.
  • Give more-- to charity than I was able to this year. Payroll deductions to United Way benefit The Neighborhood House, a settlement house where my son was in daycare for 2 yrs. They provide some awesome services in my community, from daycare to substance abuse counseling, to a small business incubator with low-rent office space and services for entreprenuers, to home-buyers seminars. Now that I'm working again, plans are to donate $ and special needs items to C.H.O.I.C.E.S, a domestic violence organization that maintains a hidden safe house for victims. This issue is close to my heart...
  • Pamper-- myself and my loved ones, especially the boys and my mama. Actually had to take off some time for myself, but I'm feelin refreshed. Gonna make opportunities for fun activites with the boys and Moms... Life is too short for anything else.
  • Drop-- some more body weight and all the extra folks that need to be cut. weight comin off slowly, but steady. Whole lotta folks got cut. No time for bullshit.
  • Balance-- my life, my work, my checkbook, and my debt! Not all the way there, but hella progress!!!
  • School--Get back in asap Tuition reimbursement is available thru work after a year... Next year, I'll get back to it... probably take some networking and IT courses.
  • Transportation-- get an SUV, one that's reliable, roomy, and fits my personality. No SUV, but I got blessed with a new car for Christmas and I'm lovin it... Couldn't have asked for more had I even known in advance... The SUV can wait!!!
  • Travel-- gonna make the time and opportunities to get da hell outta Dodge! DC, North Carolina, and tentatively, Indianapolis next month. Still needa hit NY & NJ to see my homegirls... You're not forgotten!!! Maybe the Fall???
  • Entertainment-- gonna hit more concerts (Kem, N'Dambi, Erykah, Floetry, ANTHONY HAMILTON, Angie Stone... ), more stage plays, and more movies. Definitely gonna get outta the house more and enjoy myself. Dammit, I always miss the concerts coz I don't listen to the radio. I did have the chance to see Martin Luther here tho, and he was Dope!!! I hope his cd blows... Otherwise, I hung out with my girl Kahnma of Banned Wagon Music for several of their shows here, and met a lotta cool peeps thru her. Got some backbone and read some work @ 2 open mics, and sat thru a lot more. Actually got outta the house alot...
  • Stop-- smoking, fussing, and living with fear. The smoking, I still go back and forth with... the others, they're unda my feet!!!
  • Write-- wanna get my book finished, but even halfway will be a whole lotta progress. God doesn't give us gifts to squander. First 4 months of the year I actually wrote a lot. After that, my muse went undaground... She'll be back tho. Where are you, Stella??? Once I get settled in at work, that'll prolly help... I've also been blessed with a contract opportunity to write for a producer who's contracted to Universal Music. Crazy thing is... I've never written to music before and I'm finding it very challenging so far, but yanno... I'mma keep pressin. Folks strugglin for such an opportunity every day, and here it just fell in my lap. I'm thankful and humbled for the blessings God places in my path at all times...

One last thing... Special Shout Outtttttt to Jeremy. I'm so glad you're outta Iraq... You gave me inspiration to talk to God more than I had been for awhile before we crossed paths. You're handsome, intelligent, and have maturity beyond your years. I'm impressed... You'll go far and be successful @ whateva you set your heart to accomplish. Thanks for havin my back when I needed it... when you get here, Daddy... you definitely get the big piece of chiggen!!! *smile*

Hugz & Smooches...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home