Chew On This...
Appreciation
If I grew to love you, tell me
Just what would you really choose
Could ya handle me with care and lovingkindness
… Or flip it all and leave me feeling used
Coz see… I don’t need anyone to buy me
Act like Calgon and take me away from it all
But hold me close, share my dreams and
Take time to listen
Speak to my fears when I’m scared and
Lead the way
Coz I don’t see nothing wrong with submission
I’d never clown you out in front of your friends
Put my hand on ya arm and suggest we
Talk about it later
When we’re alone we can bring it to its end
Not everyday I meet a man with vision
Whose heart adjusts in time to beat with mine
I’d buy stock in your sight and help until you build it
Get underneath you, push you up and
Help ya shine
I wasn’t always such a grown-ass woman
But ride or die I’mma be right by ya side
Won’t nag ya to to death with 50,000 questions
I’ll give you rope and if ya hang then
… That’s your crime
Gonna be just who I am and if that scares you
Take a pill, man on up, or tighten ya game
Lotta cats tried to kill my spirit along the way but
Forming weapons wastes your time if you’re to blame
A woman who knows her worth is gonna uphold it
Try to smash her and her spirit will rebel
If she’s God’s child you really betta be careful
Her Daddy’s real protective and might just
Wake ya ass in hell
Ovastand, I’ve seen grown men shed many a tear
Behind the foul things they’ve done to their woman
Some lessons always harder to learn than others but
We supposed to give thanks and recognize our blessins
My words today bear no threats or bitter herbs
Just some principles that I’m kickin coz they’re Truth
Show Him that you find me worth your investment
You’ll find my love in action turning nouns to verbs
Like SUPPORT… It’s a place, but take it farther
Of course, there’s only so much one can do
Lend a hand, give an ear, leave a note in the car
Are the small things that would show how much I care
If ya hurtin I’mma take it to my Daddy
Go boldly to His throne and ask for grace
Stand in the gap on your behalf and know that
Everything’s a season
Gotcha back until you finish up this race
Life has never ever been easy for the BlackMan
For Sistas either but there’s more we both could do
Takes time to rebuild our faith in one another
But we must coz lovin me is lovin You.
Copyright Sho~ March 15, 2005
If I grew to love you, tell me
Just what would you really choose
Could ya handle me with care and lovingkindness
… Or flip it all and leave me feeling used
Coz see… I don’t need anyone to buy me
Act like Calgon and take me away from it all
But hold me close, share my dreams and
Take time to listen
Speak to my fears when I’m scared and
Lead the way
Coz I don’t see nothing wrong with submission
I’d never clown you out in front of your friends
Put my hand on ya arm and suggest we
Talk about it later
When we’re alone we can bring it to its end
Not everyday I meet a man with vision
Whose heart adjusts in time to beat with mine
I’d buy stock in your sight and help until you build it
Get underneath you, push you up and
Help ya shine
I wasn’t always such a grown-ass woman
But ride or die I’mma be right by ya side
Won’t nag ya to to death with 50,000 questions
I’ll give you rope and if ya hang then
… That’s your crime
Gonna be just who I am and if that scares you
Take a pill, man on up, or tighten ya game
Lotta cats tried to kill my spirit along the way but
Forming weapons wastes your time if you’re to blame
A woman who knows her worth is gonna uphold it
Try to smash her and her spirit will rebel
If she’s God’s child you really betta be careful
Her Daddy’s real protective and might just
Wake ya ass in hell
Ovastand, I’ve seen grown men shed many a tear
Behind the foul things they’ve done to their woman
Some lessons always harder to learn than others but
We supposed to give thanks and recognize our blessins
My words today bear no threats or bitter herbs
Just some principles that I’m kickin coz they’re Truth
Show Him that you find me worth your investment
You’ll find my love in action turning nouns to verbs
Like SUPPORT… It’s a place, but take it farther
Of course, there’s only so much one can do
Lend a hand, give an ear, leave a note in the car
Are the small things that would show how much I care
If ya hurtin I’mma take it to my Daddy
Go boldly to His throne and ask for grace
Stand in the gap on your behalf and know that
Everything’s a season
Gotcha back until you finish up this race
Life has never ever been easy for the BlackMan
For Sistas either but there’s more we both could do
Takes time to rebuild our faith in one another
But we must coz lovin me is lovin You.
Copyright Sho~ March 15, 2005




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home