Saturday, November 27, 2004

Set It Off...

So many thoughts swirling in my head today, almost chaotic-- yet less chaos than confusion. Some days I wonder, when is it all gonna make sense? Thirty-four was the worst, the hardest, the most mind-numbing year yet. Thought things had finally come together until it all blew up in my face. Well, I'm getting back to my old self and it feels good as hell; no more drama, trauma, confusion and stress for Shon. I know I'm better than the shit that went down, the way I reacted, and I know that going forward... a sista has to be more resilient.

So turning 35 has been a blessing, and so will 2005. Setting my goals and projecting my target ranges. God is goood. It's about time to get myself realigned and position myself to recieve the blessings I was walking in before. Simply put, It's Time For Shon. This year, I'm gonna focus my energies like never before and make some dreams come true. I'mma keep it movin'. GOT TO... coz it's really life or death to my spirit, and this time I'mma choose LIFE. Everything is a season, and too many seasons have passed with nothing substantive to show for it.

Goals for 2005


  • Get a job-- not just any, but one that I'll love and be proud of. I wanna do something that services others and impacts lives in a powerful, postive way. I wanna finally be appreciated by my employer, with growth in responsibility and promotion to prove it.
  • Heal-- mind, body and spirit
  • Stay focused-- on my goals, my employment, and on my family.
  • Build-- A foundation for this business that I'm gonna start. With fam & friends like never before.
  • Save-- some money and take my place in God's plans for my work in His kingdom.
  • Give more-- to charity than I was able to this year.
  • Pamper-- myself and my loved ones, especially the boys and my mama.
  • Drop-- some more body weight and all the extra folks that need to be cut.
  • Balance-- my life, my work, my checkbook, and my debt!
  • School--Get back in asap
  • Transportation-- get an SUV, one that's reliable, roomy, and fits my personality.
  • Travel-- gonna make the time and opportunities to get da hell outta Dodge!
  • Entertainment-- gonna hit more concerts (Kem, N'Dambi, Erykah, Floetry, ANTHONY HAMILTON, Angie Stone... ), more stage plays, and more movies. Definitely gonna get outta the house more and enjoy myself.
  • Stop-- smoking, fussing, and living with fear.
  • Write-- wanna get my book finished, but even halfway will be a whole lotta progress. God doesn't give us gifts for them to be squandered.
  • Network-- build relationships and surround myself with people who can open those doors... or those who know someone who can.

Angie said it best... "My life is guilded and grounded, and I really believe that... KARMA in itself avenges us." The very best way to go forward from 2004 will be simply living well and being happy in 2005... and I'm damn sure ready... Sho'Nuff!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sup sho sho lady!!!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger ~ Eclectic Soul ~ said...

Hey Y'all... *hugz*

Thanks for the comments... and as always... thanks for the encouragement.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

Hey Shooooooooooo!

Stay focused.

9:11 AM  
Blogger johnny utah said...

Good goals. Hope yours are coming togetehr in a more structured way than mine are. I'm getting some of them accomplished, but in a car skidding out of control in a tight turn way. We're still getting to the destination, it's just a scary ride. Good luck.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Dubbed As Trent Jackson said...

I love goals...! Without them I'd be nothing. Now, with 2005 almost over, how many of your goals have you completed and do you feel inadequate if you dont get your goals done before 2005? And will you carry them into 2006?

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home