Saturday, March 05, 2005

BACK AT'CHA....

LETTER FROM A TIRED SOLDIER


Your smile warms my burdened soul
As it’s searching bold
For a certain gold
As da world’s turning cold
In person to hold
I have heard da winds of misfortune
Whistle songs
In just portions
Of how brittle arms
Be yearning to hold
Love’s elusiveness
And it seems I am love’s newest fish
Despite my bugged clueless ness
You are the bait
I’m a bite
I am hooked
You are my fate
On a flight
I am booked
Too arms that wait
To eagerly embrace
But you avoid me
And that annoys me
Yet and still eagerly I chase
To hold your curvy emotion
And forsake the worldly devotion
But my devotion to da world
Is the same as devotion to a girl
If you holding it too tight
You’ll be choking it to-night
Cause street scars and women
Will have ya using ya hands stroking it too life
Behind bars in prison
I hope I aint confusing it with lust
I’m losing it mistrust
Is clouding my judgment
And sometimes I’m doubting it’s budging

Your voice is soothing
Calling my soul
To a heaven of responsibility
Yet I’m caught in a hole
While Hell’s
Testing the artillery
Preparing for brawling my soul
And I love a good fight
I won’t go softly into that good night
Cause sadly
I walk in da valley
And shadow of death
Yet you accept me even in my shallowest depths
My queen misses her Pharaoh’s caress
And da path of war I’ve chosen
Got my earth in storms of emotion
Feel her down pour
My reign is hard
And she wonders what I wear a frown for
And when I became this scared
But I suffer from treachery
From with in my own kingdom
And I’m seeing
Demons
That think I’m
A sucker and merrily
Creeping about my inner circle cheesing
But I’m not believing
These fuckers will bury me
I’m fighting my tension
And you’re fighting for attention
Saying I only like
Da delight in ya hips and
A good meal
And more
And I could yield
From war
You’re right and I listened
To see it colorfully
Like light from a prism
I should peel da sore
Of life’s wounds


Because it has condemned others to walk around like goons
A savage in pursuit of happiness
Evil has tricked me and I salute its craftiness
I must recruit your saviness
In order to win
And slaughter da sin
Cause I’m caught on ice and da border is thin
Jacob got big headed
Look where it lead em
I have to give credit
I do yeah….. regret them
Unwise decisions
I’ve learned my lesson
It wasn’t my intentions
Of falling short of perfection
But perfection is an illusion
Don’t get set in delusions
If we didn’t make
Any mistakes
There wouldn’t be room to grow
And I got a lot of wounds to show
Some you can see and some ya can’t
Some you will see some ya ain’t
Who’s to know?


We walk a similar path
And I’m willing to ask
If you willing to clasp
My hand and walk in-to a war
And fight to da death
Pledge my army
And fight our best
Till our breath
Has left our bodies
I will try for da rest
Of natural life
To make my wrongs right
Strive for something better
P-ositive E-nergy A-lway C-orrects E-rrors


~~ Copyright G.M.N.C., March 3, 2005 ~~



You think I don't see and feel your pain, but I do. You have no clue of my pain, my struggles, my journey... and how much more common ground we share than disparity. Dunno why things are always so difficult between us. If I could take your pain and struggle, I would. I'd cast it into the deep and dare it to ever rise again. I'm your friend to the end... and I pray that we can stay that no matter what.

You are the most TALENTED scribe I know, bar none. Wish I had HALF the vision you possess. Thanks for pushing me to get on my square with mine. No matter what... I hope you find whatcha heart is yearning for. I wanna see you happy... deep-down soul happiness that makes you wake with a smile and laff in the morning. Thank you for telling me in verse what you can't say with your lips. Take care, and I'll catch you in the scroll...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home